What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help or tips needed for text effect.

Koenji

Hello gurus! Please excuse my supreme ignorance. I have been trying to replicate the effect on the text that says "Vintage Auto Races" with no luck so far. What i want to achieve is to make a text gradually decrease or increase in size. Notice how the font is gradually decreasing and yet, it stays perfectly aligned to the very first letter, both in top and bottom, giving the impression that the text follows a triangular shape. Any clues as to how to reproduce the same effect? :neutral:

Text.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is just some simple transform functions.

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 3.20.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 3.20.22 PM.png

Take a look here:

Last edited:

Koenji

Awesome i will watch that video and then come back if i have doubts. Just a comment: from the picture you posted seems like its a perspective kind of tool. I could be wrong but to me it looks like in the Vintage Auto Races image there is no 3-D effect applied (my eyes could be deceiving me but it looks flat) unlike the Hello from PSG! one where the 3-D is rather noticeable. Thanks for your fast reply however, i will watch the video and try it myself.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's your eyes, LOL!!! It's the same.........

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 3.49.03 PM.png

Koenji

Oh man!!!! Now i see! really sorry xD Ok, i'm currently trying to do exactly what you suggested. This probably will sound even worse but when i try to Free Transform my text box, the Distort and Perspective options appear grayed out and i cant select them, how can i make them active?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First make a duplicate of the text and deactivate the first one by clicking the eye icon off. Then right click in the layer body of the active second one (duplicate) and choose rasterize type.

Last edited:

Koenji

Ok, i did exactly that and indeed is the very same effect!!! Thank you so much Sam. Just so i understand better, what we did is basically turn the text box into an image so that i then can be modified like any other image, right? Also one last question about this. Do you know if this same process also available on Adobe Illustrator? Again, thanks a lot for your time and help!