What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

image jumps over too far when selection tool nears edge of frame.Help?

Mcgoo

This is probably a no brainer but I can't figure it out:rolleyes:

I'm on a very old version of Photoshop. Hope I can explain this well enough to make sense.

Say I am zoomed in close on an image to carefully select details. So part of the image that i want to continue selecting is out of frame. When my selection nears the edge of the window, I need to move the image over to keep selecting but the image jumps too far in that direction. How do I control how much of the image moves into frame without leaving the selection tool?

Thanks for any help.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This should work, no matter what tool you are using just hold down the spacebar, click and drag to move.

Mcgoo

This should work, no matter what tool you are using just hold down the spacebar, click and drag to move.

I'm using the lasso and holding the alt key so I can select point to point. Problem was that when I hold the spacebar and the alt key, that produces the negative magnifier so it didn't quite work. I discovered that by releasing alt and holding down the mouse, I can then use the space bar and drag the image over like you suggest without losing the selction. Then I hold down the alt key again and I can go back to selecting point to point.

So there was a little more to it than just the space bar but that was a big help in figuring it out. Thanks!!!:yourock:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm using the lasso and holding the alt key so I can select point to point. Problem was that when I hold the spacebar and the alt key, that produces the negative magnifier so it didn't quite work. I discovered that by releasing alt and holding down the mouse, I can then use the space bar and drag the image over like you suggest without losing the selction. Then I hold down the alt key again and I can go back to selecting point to point.

So there was a little more to it than just the space bar but that was a big help in figuring it out. Thanks!!!:yourock:

No....in case you didn't notice, it worked exactly as I suggested, so there was no more to it. You holding the additional alt key was not part of my suggestion.

Glad it worked.