What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Colage

OliverGreen

Hello,

I am trying to make a collage full of pictures and gifs for a friend as a christmas card. You might even say it will become a full blown animation. I just started and I've already ran into some issues. I created my first gif and now I'm trying to put it on the canvas. I've copied all the frames from the document, but when I right click the canvas there are only two options: Layer 0 and isolate layers.

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 8.20.39 PM.png

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

thanks,

J

J............I may be corrected here.........but I don't think it would be easy to make a collage with .gifs in Photoshop. Not without some serious work! You may need something like Picasa.

Last edited:
Well...it's not just gifs. It's going to be a mix of both. Can picasa do that? I'd really prefer photoshop. Essentially it's going to be an animated card that I send her via email. Where it will start out black and everything will fade in possibly at different times, etc.

I did find some tutorials on placing 2 gifs on one canvas in Photoshop, but they are stacked.

I'm not at all familiar with Picasa, I've just seen gif collages made with it.

This sounds like it will be quite an undertaking................I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Excellent find! Thanks for sharing.

Back