What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with lighning effects.

Koenji

Hello PS Gurus! I'm doing a practice poster that is Repair-Shop themed, and i would like to know if its possible to have a photo such as this:
1984-ferrari-testarossa-photo-601592-s-1280x782.jpg

To which i can add lightning effects so it looks like this:

4eb2003461922c742a7d293646a0ac96.jpg

So my first thought was to just change the image to black and white and then add color somehow. I notice also that there is a gradient effect, it starts blue in the upper left and becomes hot pink as it goes down. If this is possible can anyone share some light on the process to achieve this illustration-like effect?

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You can get fairly close. It's a matter of trying different color fill overlays, layer blending modes, masking, and glint brushes.

I can not give you exact instructions on how to do this..............it's a matter of experimentation!

I did this very quickly.

Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 8.07.19 AM.png

Hers is the layers Panel.

Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 8.10.34 AM.png

Color fill 1 is set to 'Darker Color' layer blending mode.

Color fill 2 is set to 'Color' layer blending mode and I used it's mask.

Koenji

Thank you very much Sam. I'm currently experimenting like u said and im happy to get similar results! Thanks a lot for your example panel and your time!