What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I fix the inability to select a "Stroke Path" in CS5?

Bhuffy

Hey guys!

I'm completely new to these forums and I made my account just for this question: How can I select a stroke path for my line (read the rest)? I'm somewhat new to photoshop and I've never really dug deep into it. I understand completely what I'm supposed to do and how I should do it, but the options just aren't there. I've been searching for the last 90 minutes and cannot seem to find an answer!

I've followed all of the steps in this tutorial through 1:57 in this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxUtqNydI_g

At that point he selects the pen tool and draws the line, putting down the two anchor points. He right clicks it - as I do - and then clicks on the stroke path, which should change the sizing as the pen pressure should change in the middle. I've gone over the tutorial and browsed other forums, but none of the solutions can fix the problem. Any and all suggestions are much appreciated! Pictures are posted below:
Screen Shot 2014-12-28 at 11.39.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-28 at 11.39.49 PM.png

-Bhuffy

MrToM

Guru
If you notice at the top left of the workspace there is the option to create a SHAPE or a PATH.

You need to have PATH selected.......

path_tool_A_01.png

...not SHAPE.

Easy mistake to make as its not obvious unless you know there are two different types.

Try that, you should then be ok to stroke to your hearts content.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
No worries.

We've all been stumped by that one at some point so you're not alone.

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member