What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Background and changing Color (Photoshop CC)

Aryan Mudgil

aman1.jpg
So I need to remove background and make the background transparent...plus change the color of A by giving it texture of sparkle Red from here

I wouldn't want anyone to do it for me, I really want someone to please give me easy noob friendly instructions to help me out here.

This is what I have read so far..

They say use magic wand to select the image and then press delete. when I do that it pops up "fill" window. when i press OK.. the background turns white.
Then I read use magic wand to select the image and press ctrl and delete..did that and it turns the background white without the "fill" window. I have been trying to find a way for a week now.. Please help.

MikeMc

McGuru
select the letter make a mask....quick select, or pen tool....once cut your letter can be saved by deleting the background layer fill with your red sparkles, save as a png for the transparent background. I used a simple red layer instead of sparkles, and my mask is sloppy and quick...I did this with elements, so CC will be better

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Please note that MikeMc has made an additional layer and has hidden the Background. If you attempt what you described on the Background, the result will be a white background as you experienced.