What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text effect, Drawing or 3D to remake a Logo.

BobTheWizzard

Over the past hours I've been working on a logo my client want to change. The shape must stay the same, but the style should feel cartoonish, "like most of the Blizzard Entertainment games logos do".
Needless to say, this is the first time I'm trying to do something similar, I have no experience in drawing and I don't own a draw-pad. Take a look at what I've made so far... it just doesn't feel right.

Old logo :

E24skKg.png

New logo, only the "R" is finished :

5irXKXu.png

I'm my attempt, I tried a Red - Yellow combination.

Should I keep going? Should I try a new style or is there another way to do it?
I really don't know what to do.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
In truth... the text style of SILKROAD in the first image looks cartoonish as it is.

In your new one, the text slimmed down loosing the oomph to match the R.

Why not try maintain the boldness of the first image and applying the style used on the second image but with softer Bevels....

Since your client wants a cartoon feel for it, candy colors come to mind. Something like this maybe...

Font style.jpg Not in multi colors.... just a single color but replicating the 3d-ish bevelled look to it?

Someone else may come by with a different suggestion.......