What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

creating stars with transparent background

Trianne

Hi Everyone, (sry but for some reason I can't hit Enter key), I like to know how do I create stars with transparent background? I started with a blank transparent background but then it won't allow me to apply Noise. Not sure how to get around. Also can I control the thickness of dots when using Noise? Thank You. Trianne.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hi there...

You need to fill the layer with color for the Add noise to work.

There's a tute here somewhere on creating space star scene.... let me look for it....

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
This one's from the PSG Challenge Area... Photoshop Challenge Week #5 .... with links to how to create space scenes...

This one's more specific on how to use noise to create a star field... http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tuts_arts/making_a_star_field.html.

It's not a matter of controlling the thickness of the dots. The trick lies in the use of brightness/contrast and levels as well as using the erase and clone tool and duplication/merging of layers in order to thin out the noise to "choreograph" the star scene.