What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image Types For Mobile Platforms?

BossHogg

Hi all,

Wonder if someone can offer some advice?

What is the best way to save an image that will look good a little 'stretched' without using an svg? I currently have a very basic icon which is 48x48px with a solid blue background and a bit of text on a new layer. Obviously the blue looks smashing whichever size but the text doesn't look awesome scaled up. I've tried a jpg, and a png, but there are so many save options it's just guess work. I read about webp a few minutes ago, but didn't really understand.

Thanks in advance.

There are bit difference in jpg and png format. If you save any image in jpg format the size will be less but background will not be transparent but if you save the image in png format then it will be in transparent background but may be size will differ.