What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make claw marks as a shape

juicetin

Hey everyone,

First timer here, so thanks in advance for any replies. I am not sure if this is something that can be done, and if so, whether it is photoshop or illustrator which I would use. Anyway, I am trying to replicate claw marks, but have one of the claw marks look like an object, specifically, the outline of the CN Tower. Would I be able to do this using an image, or would I have to manually do it with the pen tool?

Thanks

juicetin

Check out this older thread.

I made the claw marks using the Pen Tool. So there should be no problem in making the claw marks into an object.

https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...oard/43315-help-coverpage.html#post1533629694

Ask any questions you may have here in your thread.

Thanks. I actually looked at this one prior to posting, which pushed me to ask about the the shape of the claws themselves. I didn't not know that you made the claws yourself though. As a photoshop noob, I am still learning to use the pen tool properly. In this case, it looks as though it's the best option.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What type of object are you trying to make into a claw mark?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you want it straight like it is or curved?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok...............not sure what else you might need. You have the object. There's a tutorial on how to do it, you should be set to go.

juicetin

Thanks. I'm not sure if you're referring to the tutorial you provided earlier, in which case, it's not quite what I was looking to do. I was seeing if there were other options in creating a claw mark from the object, however, it looks like I will just have to better myself with the pen tool.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No need for the Pen Tool.

Take exactly what you have and start at step 2. You just make a selection of the black silhouette with the Magic Wand Tool and go from there.