What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I make this gif transparent?

Puma

Hello everyone! I'm having trouble making this gif transparent while using CS6.

This is the original:
akashi.gif

And this is how I've failed at it:
akashitrans.gif

As you can see what I'm trying to do is delete the background from each frame but I get this effect. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Paul

Former Member
You have every layer turned on, so you see every layer, each frame you want to view you must turn the previous one off all the way down the animation time line.

Paul

Former Member
On second look it looks like you have saved it with the layers turned on, as individual frames have multiple frames attached - looks like you need to start again.

multi.jpg

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
That's what i said?

Yes, you did Paul....

But to be more accurate, it may not be that the lower layers were turned on. The OP could have seen that on the animation frame and active layers as he worked on it and test played it.

But because the frame setting was left at "Do not dispose", this will cause previous layers to propagate itself in succeeding frames. Unless I'm mistaken, the repeated layer(s) will not show on the layers palette as active/visible.

Hence you have to set the animation frames in the timeline to Automatic. It's a faster, instant fix compared to re-doing the animation sequence from scratch.....

Paul

Former Member
Yes, you did Paul....

But to be more accurate, it may not be that the lower layers were turned on. The OP could have seen that on the animation frame and active layers as he worked on it and test played it.

But because the frame setting was left at "Do not dispose", this will cause previous layers to propagate itself in succeeding frames.

Hence you have to set it to Automatic. It's a faster, instant fix compared to re-doing the animation sequence from scratch.....

I do not have that function in cs5?

MrToM

Guru
...There's actually a no turn off "Do not Dispose" button. Toggling to Automatic does the job...
Sorry guy's, that was my fault.....I didn't really explain it very well, thanks DV8 for filling in the blanks.

Yeah, one has to remember that when dealing with animated gif's any that are posted here already have the error inherent within them.

As DV8 said, my solution would work on the original PSD from which the gif is produced......not the erroneous gif you see here.

Sorry for any confusion....it was late, it was early, I was tired, an old friend came in from out of town, my tux didn't come back from the cleaners, there was a terrible flood....locusts....look, it wasn't my fault!

Regards.
MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Sorry guy's, that was my fault.....I didn't really explain it very well, thanks DV8 for filling in the blanks.

Yeah, one has to remember that when dealing with animated gif's any that are posted here already have the error inherent within them.

As DV8 said, my solution would work on the original PSD from which the gif is produced......not the erroneous gif you see here.

Sorry for any confusion....it was late, it was early, I was tired, an old friend came in from out of town, my tux didn't come back from the cleaners, there was a terrible flood....locusts....look, it wasn't my fault!

Regards.
MrTom.

dv8 with usual pat on MRT's back.... There, there.... there, there.....

Glad to help in filling in the blanks......

..... broke a dead toenail, maybe? :cheesygrin: