What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Effect like a canvas mounted on a frame

ale1980

Hi everyone,
here Alessandro from Italy and this is my first thread :)))
I need a little help from you, i would reproduce the same effect as a canvas mounted on a frame, like the pict below. Someone can help me?
Thanks very much!!!

$_57.JPG

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hi ale1980
Welcome to the forum.
About the creation of the above effect. The edge is nothing more than an illusion created by a line that defines the edge and a drop shadow on the layer. Here is one I did to demonstrate.
frame.PNG
Notice the left side with the white line that defines the edge. Note that your "canvas" includes the man's arm. The canvas effect on the painting is in the PS Filter Gallery under textures. Just adjust it until you get the look you want. Your drop shadow on the layer with the image should be adjusted to show very little shadow on the side opposite the edge.
(Note that you have a layer for the image with the drop shadow, one for the white line, and another behind the image that is a Fill layer with a texture. Just choose one from the textures built into PS.

ale1980

Thanks very much for your super fast reply Alb68,
but if i look the image on the left side i can see the depth and the 3rd dimension.
This is what i means, i need a way to "bend"the image in order to give the prospect.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Thanks very much for your super fast reply Alb68,
but if i look the image on the left side i can see the depth and the 3rd dimension.
This is what i means, i need a way to "bend"the image in order to give the prospect.

Your not "bending" it, your just changing the shading. Suggest using the Burn tool, set to midtones and about 10% exposure at that edge.

Edit: Increase exposure or change tone as needed.

Last edited: