What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having trouble with overlay gif for xsplit

EzyDuziT

Hi, not sure if this is in the correct place so mods please move if it is.

Right so i am trying to make a rolling gif on C6 to use as a news type overlay on xsplit. I have 6 images that i want to change after every 7 seconds or so but i am having a real problem with quality.

When i load the png file (single picture) upto twitch it is perfect quality as seen below

opjfd.png

But when i add the gif i made (the quality still looks good in photoshop) i end up with getting white pixels all around the edges like below

1zzgak1.png

I go back onto photoshop and zoomed in to make sure i have removed the background properly but it is all fine until i save it. Can anyone help me out? It all works how i want it but its just the white crap around the edges that is bugging me.

Just to add the middle is transparent as that is where i want the game footage.

If anyone can help out that would be great.

Thanks for your time.

MrToM

Guru
I must be getting old as I have no idea what 'C6' or 'xsplit' is......nor 'twitch' for that matter.

I'm also struggling to see these problem white 'pixels'.......what 'edges' are they 'all around'?

Whatever.....
I'm going to bet that the problem is transparent pixels left on one of the gif frames.
Gif's do not do partial transparency, its either ON or OFF, anything partially transparent will be replaced by the matte colour...which at default is white.

You've said that the background is clean but I bet you'll find a pixel with 'some' transparency at the locations of your problem.
I'll eat my hat if you don't.

I also cannot see this 'game footage' transparency in the middle....in fact I see no transparency in either image.....period.
Am I missing something here?

Regards.
ABlindOldFart.

EDIT:

I took this into PS to get the differences and apart from the obvious is this the problem...?

screen_gif_A_01.png

If so then I'll double my wager that's its partially transparent pixels in those locations.

Erase those pixels and the problem will go away.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I must be getting old as I have no idea what 'C6' or 'xsplit' is......nor 'twitch' for that matter.

XSplit is a streaming and video-mixing application used for streaming games.

Hi, not sure if this is in the correct place so mods please move if it is.

Right so i am trying to make a rolling gif on C6 to use as a news type overlay on xsplit. I have 6 images that i want to change after every 7 seconds or so but i am having a real problem with quality.

When i load the png file (single picture) upto twitch it is perfect quality as seen below

opjfd.png

But when i add the gif i made (the quality still looks good in photoshop) i end up with getting white pixels all around the edges like below

1zzgak1.png

I go back onto photoshop and zoomed in to make sure i have removed the background properly but it is all fine until i save it. Can anyone help me out? It all works how i want it but its just the white crap around the edges that is bugging me.

Just to add the middle is transparent as that is where i want the game footage.

If anyone can help out that would be great.

Thanks for your time.

Can you post a screengrab of the psd file you're working on?

MrToM

Guru
Ah right......thanks dv8.

Is that relevant to the problem do you think?
Shouldn't be but what do I know? LOL.

Regards.
MrTom.

EzyDuziT

I'm also struggling to see these problem white 'pixels'.......what 'edges' are they 'all around'?

Whatever.....
I'm going to bet that the problem is transparent pixels left on one of the gif frames.
Gif's do not do partial transparency, its either ON or OFF, anything partially transparent will be replaced by the matte colour...which at default is white.

You've said that the background is clean but I bet you'll find a pixel with 'some' transparency at the locations of your problem.
I'll eat my hat if you don't.

I also cannot see this 'game footage' transparency in the middle....in fact I see no transparency in either image.....period.
Am I missing something here?

Regards.
ABlindOldFart.

EDIT:

I took this into PS to get the differences and apart from the obvious is this the problem...?

View attachment 52611

If so then I'll double my wager that's its partially transparent pixels in those locations.

Erase those pixels and the problem will go away.

Regards.
MrTom.

I'm afraid it was not as simple as going into PS and erasing the pixels as i had already done that and zoomed in and removed each individual pixel and still had the problem. Its something to do with the save than the actual picture / gif. If i used the same frame but as a png i have no problems with the white pixel.

The middle of the frame is actually transparent but i had my game capture inside to show the white pixels around the frame.

I have read in several different places that gif and transparency does not get on very well but luckily enough i found a fix and changed the transparent background to a green background and just used chroma key in xsplit to remove the green background which solved my problem.

thank you both for taking time to reply to me.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Ah right......thanks dv8.

Is that relevant to the problem do you think?
Shouldn't be but what do I know? LOL.

Regards.
MrTom.

Just pointing out what XSplit is.... I didn't even know what it does til I googled it..... :cheesygrin: sneaky lizard....

If it looks fine in PS view, the problem may lie in save gif settings .....

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I'm afraid it was not as simple as going into PS and erasing the pixels as i had already done that and zoomed in and removed each individual pixel and still had the problem. Its something to do with the save than the actual picture / gif. If i used the same frame but as a png i have no problems with the white pixel.

The middle of the frame is actually transparent but i had my game capture inside to show the white pixels around the frame.

I have read in several different places that gif and transparency does not get on very well but luckily enough i found a fix and changed the transparent background to a green background and just used chroma key in xsplit to remove the green background which solved my problem.

thank you both for taking time to reply to me.

Interesting info...

You're welcome, EzyTuziT.........