What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make gifs layered on top in one gif?

MrToM

Guru
Have each frame on its own layer.
In 'Animation' or 'Timeline' window create a frame for each layer, making it the only visible layer for that frame.
Set the 'delay' for each frame.
Save As 'gif'.

Regards.
MrTom.

Yazy Lee

Overlayer gifs help

So everytime I add a gif on top of the main gif, all the other gifs disappear from the frames... is there any way to keep them from disappearing so I don't have to go to each frame and layer of each gif and turn them back on again?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yazy Lee - I combined your newest thread with this one as they are dealing with the same subject matter.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Re: Overlayer gifs help

So everytime I add a gif on top of the main gif, all the other gifs disappear from the frames... is there any way to keep them from disappearing so I don't have to go to each frame and layer of each gif and turn them back on again?

If your starting from scratch, right click on the first frame and select "DO NOT DISPOSE". This would cause the layers to repeat itself in all the frames in the timeline. But you won't see it as active in the layers pallete for each frame and you may not see it when you test play the animation. You have to create a test animation gif to see it at work.

But I don't know what your layers or animation work is like. You may have to experiment on when and which frames you need to apply the Do not Dispose or Automatic (normal) setting.