What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text within a number

lathera

Am NOT sure whats the correct term for this design but am trying to create this for my friends 30th birthday and of course i would like to change some of the words.. Can someone please point me to the correct tutorial pleaseeeeeeeee.
.. il_340x270.649643613_99ix.jpg

lathera

hi. Do i set up the words in a shape of the number 30 then use clip mask. Doing pictures is very easy but i dont know how to set up the words

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
hi. Do i set up the words in a shape of the number 30 then use clip mask. Doing pictures is very easy but i dont know how to set up the
words

No , just put the text on a layer and you can type it most anyway you want. The text is going to show through the number. I believe you probably are going to need to rasterize (Layer/Rasterize/Type) your lettering layer before clipping it to the number. Be sure your text you create is a different color from the number.
clippingmask.PNG

Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
Make a selection of the number and turn it into a path, stroke it if you wish as I did, then type inside the path.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

ALB68

Make a selection of the number and turn it into a path, stroke it if you wish as I did, then type inside the path.

Great advice hawkeye, but our OP is probably pretty new to PS. May if you give some details as to what you suggest it would be helpful to all.

hawkeye

Guru
With the horizontal text mask tool make a large number 3.
Right click and select Make Work Path.
Click in the path with the horizontal type tool and add the text.
Open the paragraph options and select Justify All for the type.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 42
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 41

lathera

Oh ok thanks alot.. I came up with this the hard way i tried curving my words it was kind of a disaster with the blurring.. But my friend didnt have a clue i messed up lol
Meaghan bday.jpg

ALB68

Very nice !:clap: