What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filling line art with gradients

Arkhano

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 10.49.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 10.49.12 PM.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 6

Paul

Former Member
Your lines are dotted not solid for one, also gaps between lines makes for filling tough.

Arkhano

Your lines are dotted not solid for one, also gaps between lines makes for filling tough.

Thanks for the reply! I think the lines look dotted because I didn't have my view setting as actual pixel when I took the screenshot. I tested out if there were any gaps between the lines by filling in the lines with the paint bucket tool and I could do that.

Paul

Former Member
I did a screen grab and tried to drop fill colours into single sections it failed in most areas?

Paul

Former Member
Sam try it with a screen grab, didn't work for me?
Something weird with the empty areas too.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Paul, not sure what you speaking of........

Used the Pen Tool to make a selection.
Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 9.42.46 PM.png

Filled the selection with the color.
Added a new layer, still using the selection, and added a gradient.
Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 9.43.22 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The ear would need to be closed in.

But you get the idea.......

Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 9.53.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 9.53.31 PM.png

Paul

Former Member
Yeah i understand all that Sam, i was working from just the OP's screen shot, this is why hes having issues filling and selecting a gradient. Like you said too he/she needs to make separate selections with correct and solid lines drew.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, I see now what you were talking about Paul. The dotted lines may be the issue as you pointed out.

I feel that if your going to accomplish this in Ps, you will have to set up the poly's on separate layers.

Arkhano

Yea you're right, I think if I want a good result I would have to restart over with the polys on a seperate layers. Thanks for the help!