What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic Typography

SaltiQi

I've been fascinated by this identity for Dutch real estate company OVG (designed by Studio Dumbar). Do any of you guys have thoughts on how to create these simple yet pleasing 3d effects?

I have a fairly proficient with Illustrator so creating the outlines of the letters wouldn't be a problem, but I'm fairly new to Photoshop and don't really have any experience with shading or giving objects realistic depth. Your thoughts are appreciated! Check the cool identity out below:

OVG_logos.jpg
ovg-01.jpg
ovg-identity-01_1628_1085_60.jpg
RejaneDalBello_OVG_LLW_01.jpg
ovg-identity-02_1628_1085_60.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You mean that using of pen tool (clipping path)?

No, that's not what he means. He means using the Warp mode in Free Transform function.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with colleague, this is mainly the Warp mode of the Free Transform.

I made the following quickly, so it's not the best.

I used the Free transform function, liquify, Elliptical Marquee Tool, and the Brush tool.
I'm not going into any further explanation since the OP has not been back.

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 9.33.25 AM.png

SaltiQi

Thank you so much for the replies guys.

Colleague those look wicked! Could you give me further detail about the donut? Or could I figure that out by simply backtracking on the psd file? The simple transformation warp I think I can figure out.

Sam, thats awesome! It more or less covers the whole effect of what I was thinking of. Could you break it down for me, especially the shading?

Thank you again for the help and sorry about the late reply. Things have been a bit busy lately but I should be able to reply promptly now.

Last edited: