What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get back the clone stamp circle

chick

Once I have set a source for my clone stamp in window A, stamped it in window B, how do I go back to window A to get a different spot without showing the current source image? I just want the circle that shows me exactly what I am picking up, so I think I want to reset the source to unspecified. I have CS4, is there a way to do this?

Brian Soto

If I understand you right, I think you might be referring to the Clone Stamp tool setting Sample Current and Below. This is how I would avoid having to keep clicking back and forth between layers to clone onto the topmost new one (alternately, you can choose Sample All Layers, and it doesn't matter what order your clone layer is on). I don't actually remember if this is in CS4, or not, but my hunch is that it is.