What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused Rookie

Confused101

Hi,

So, I'm trying to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56NKz-ABSN4

and make it to the 2:45 mark no problem following all instructions exactly. However, when I try to go to Stroke Path it makes the brush path approximately 300 pixels and I have no idea why.

I've made sure that the pixel width is very small before going to Stroke Path, have tried it with Simulated Pressure checked and without and now have no idea how to fix this.

Yes, I've followed every instruction to the letter without problem and can guarantee I've done it correctly as I've been trying for well over an hour and am now out of ideas.

Running CS5

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hoogle

Guru
before clicking stroke path choose the brush tool and resize it to the desired size. I have not watched the video but this is a common mistake as the stroke path option will use the tool which you choose I am guessing brush with its current (last used) settings. So if you select the brush tool and paint with it that is what size your stroke will be when you stroke a path.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Tried that, wasn't working.

Thanks anyways I've given up

You don't have to use the brush tool. When the stroke option is invoked you will get a menu with a drop down to choose the tool. You could use the pencil tool for example but as Hoogle said about the brush, the pixels have to be set prior to to using it, otherwise you will get the last setting applied.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You need to reset your preferences.

This is how to reset your preferences in Photoshop: Press-and-hold Command-Option-Shift on a Mac or Ctrl-Alt-Shift on a PC, while you start Photoshop. As you start the program you will get a pop-up dialog asking you if you would like to delete the settings file. Deleting the file will create a new set of preferences from scratch.