What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Export different selections of layers to PFDs

Jack Renet

I want to create a flyer for 30 different people.
The flyer will be an A4 folded into 4 A5s.
Only the coverpage will be different, page 2,3 and 4 will be the same for each person.

I created an A4 divided into 2 A5s representing page 1 and 4 of the flyer.
I added a layer for the colour of the background and a seperate layer for the content of page 4.

For each of the 30 people I created a separate layer and added an existing PFD (containing pictures and texts) on top of page 1 of my flyer.
I would like to know how I can export 30 different PDF-files each contaning page 4 plus a different page 1.

I realize I'm resurrecting an ostensible corpse, and admittedly, doing so a little light on the answer side. But if you're still looking for answers on this, I should mention when I read your post, I immediately thought Acrobat's Action Wizard, which handles batch automation with specific commands, and probably variables like the specific things you want.

I seriously doubt this function exists within Photoshop scripting (a feature already too arcane for my end-user designer skillset), but it's possible. I would think it would need the more robust export processing from Acrobat, but you may want to poke around scripting forums. If you have Acrobat, however, this theoretically should be a cinch with the Action Wizard.

If you're still around, and find an answer, I'd be curious to hear. Good luck.

Back