What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixel Art Hotkey Question

ub3rfunk

Hey all,

Quick question:

I'm working on some pixel art, and I often find myself manually (and frequently) changing the brightness of my selected color to shade, highlight, etc.

Is there a hotkey to increase/decrease the brightness of my selected color while painting?

Many thanks

MrToM

Guru
I wouldn't have thought so although that's not to say your version of PS doesn't have the option.

Its pretty easy to change brightness with the HSB sliders that a shortcut doesn't seem necessary but I appreciate there may be times when a shortcut would be beneficial.

Best thing to do is look through the keyboard shortcuts for whatever you want to change and if it doesn't already have a key combo assigned to it then assign one while you are there.

Its not something I would personally use and judging by the lack of response to your question neither does anyone else.

You could probably write a script and assign a shortcut to that if you really need it.

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
No worries...

If you change to the HSB sliders you can use your mouse wheel to double click the B (brightness) of the HSB value and scroll the value up or down.......good for fine control.

You can also hold down Ctrl and 'scrub' the value too although I've never really found why its different....it seems the same as scrubbing the slider itself to me.? (Unlike other values that have coarse and fine adjustment)

There may be a keystroke combo for it when its highlighted but since you have to click it anyway it makes sense to use the mouse wheel.

Regards.
MrTom.