What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

determining the color of a pixel

Mike Holman

Hello everyone. I'm trying to clean up jpg images so my automation program can covert them to vector images more easily. I need to replace pixels on a pixel by pixel basis with a pencil tool. How can I determine the color of an existing pixel, so I can color match?

Thanks to all who reply.

MrToM

Guru
Have your INFO panel open and look at the colour values when you hover your cursor over a pixel.

INFO_Panel_A_01.png

Regards.
MrTom.

Tom Mann

Guru
To add to what Mr.Tom said, to make sure you are sampling only a single pixel, select the eyedropper tool, and in it's toolbar, make sure that the sample size is set to "Point Sample" before you start taking readings.

Also, I find that it helps greatly to view the image at a magnification of at least 800% with view/show_pixel_grid turned on, so the location of the boundaries between individual pixels are clear.

HTH,

Tom M

Last edited: