What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warm Light Glow Effect

That looks great. You could lighten the wolf a bit (mostly the head), especially the light areas in the fur, this will add some nice contrast and separate the Wolf from the BG. Good job!

That looks great. You could lighten the wolf a bit (mostly the head), especially the light areas in the fur, this will add some nice contrast and separate the Wolf from the BG. Good job!

Haha well thank you. ^^ But it wouldn't have been possible without your insight, so I thank you once more... I also agree completely that it could be lightened up a bit to allow for more contrast and I was actually going to start working on that.

But, I will say... I never did a 'color correct' and yet it seemed to turn out quite similar... When I did color correct it the change seemed to be completely different from the images you provided and quite far from the effect I was attempting to achieve, so... I'm not sure about that, but I skipped it.

Messing around 3.png

Alright, I just lightened up the head and then made some minor color corrections and I believe that looks pretty good... I'll make some minor changes here and there, but I just wanted to check one final time if there was anything you may notice that could be improved/that I've done wrong.. I would like to thank you once again as well.

Starting with a color corrected image is important but not always necessary. We all may color correct in different ways, you may not have used the same technique as I did which is why you may have gotten differing results. Not to mention monitor calibration..........which I'm not getting into.

Everyone see's images differently. As long as you and your friend are happy with the results, then that's all that matters.

He looks great, although I liked the darker BG on the first version you posted in #21. You could still lighten the 'lighter/whiter' fur areas on his neck, just the white fur, not the other. Do this with your Brush Tool on the layer mask of the adjustment layer your using to lighten with.

Hilariously enough I actually do programming for a living so I love dealing with monitor calibration and attempting to explain to people why one thing may appear differently here than it does there... or explaining why this monitor looks smaller even though its bigger than this monitor... explaining why thirty FPS looks a bit less defined than sixty FPS... I mean there is a lot of fun stuff to talk about in that regard.

But, yes... Everyone sees images differently and everyone has different preferences, either way... I thank you once again for the assistance.

He looks great, although I liked the darker BG on the first version you posted in #21. You could still lighten the 'lighter/whiter' fur areas on his neck, just the white fur, not the other. Do this with your Brush Tool on the layer mask of the adjustment layer your using to lighten with.

Good catch on that BG, I actually accidentally turned off that layer... Didn't notice it.

Here is the lightened fur I'm referring to...........

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 10.48.58 AM.png

Ok, glad to have helped out! Take care and good luck until the next project!

Ok, glad to have helped out! Take care and good luck until the next project!

Most certainly, and yes... If I need any assistance with anything else I certainly know where to find skilled people to offer a new perspective.

Messing around 3.png

I believe that is actually the exact fur patterns you pointed out.

Attachments

• Messing around 3.png
    Messing around 3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Not really, your fur is appearing a bit on the orange/reddish side.

Here is where I have lightened the fur....
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 11.01.07 AM copy.png

The thing is that it's not a big deal. It's just a minor detail that's hardly noticeable. Don't sweat it!

Yeah, I noticed the bits where I missed after I had posted the image... But you much more clearly laid it out now.

Haha also yeah... It's a tiny detail, but it adds to it, right now I was just correcting the cutout of the actual wolf from the BG as it's a bit sloppy to be honest.

What cutout? There's no need for a cutout.

Last edited:
My edges are just a little... Rough and noticeable since I rushed to make the selection last night.

Maybe that's what I was seeing here......

yours.....
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 11.18.24 AM.png

mine.....
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 11.18.55 AM.png

Notice your much harder edge on the jaw line up into the jowl/neck fur?

Here are my soft brush stokes on the layer mask....

Curves
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 11.20.48 AM.png

Color fill
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 11.21.03 AM.png

Anything harsher and you create hard edges.

Last edited:

Back