What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warm Light Glow Effect

keunai

Got it, and yes I notice the differences.. I had noticed them earlier and had been planning on refining them, but the hard edges are certainly part of the problem.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Making a selection of the wolf was never discussed or instructed by me. I'm sorry if I was not more clear with my help.

keunai

No no... I know you never told me to make a selection, that's just something I automatically do to try and keep things separated.

I generally blend it together afterwards/touch up details.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Are you sure you understand what I was referring to when I talked about using the Brush Tool on the adjustment layer masks?

A white layer mask reveals the layer it's masking and conceals the underlying layer.

A black layer mask conceals the layer it's masking and reveals the underlying layer.

If you use a Black brush on a white layer mask, you see through the masked layer where you are brushing, through to the underlying layer.

If you use a White brush on a black layer mask, you are concealing the underlying layer thus reveling the masked layer .

keunai

Yes, I do understand what you meant there and that is actually how I've been touching up the color and the curves.

I simply used a selection to ensure that there wasn't any stroking outside of where I wanted it, it's a measure of using lines to keep things where I want it before I touch it up... I usually remove the selection when I'm closer to the edge, and keep it when I'm deeper inside where it doesn't matter so much.

keunai

Alright.. Hopefully you do not mind all of these posts, but.. I've touched it up once again and this time I've messed with the blending around the edges and turning the whites into actual whites as opposed to oranges.

Messing around 3.png

Attachments

• Messing around 3.png
    Messing around 3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This looks great! Remember, the enemy of good is better!

keunai

Oh? I've never heard that quote before.

Messing around 3.png

Forgot to add the white to the paws, otherwise... I think I got most of the white areas.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
He looks great, I see one thing I would fix on both of our versions..............I would remove this distracting little patch on his head by cloning it out. Then I would would call it done!

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 12.11.07 PM.png

keunai

Haha I would certainly agree with that, and I need to fix the small bit of difference just above the right side of the face, or left side technically... There is a small difference patch just above the white there.

But, yes.. I would say it's pretty much done, aside from the other edits I have to do.. But those are simple compared to lighting.

keunai

Alright finally... For anyone that may be following this thread and so you can see it.

This I believe is the end result, I'm sure small changes will come but... Either way..

Messing around 4.png

Fixed the patches, and made small color corrections to some of the whites.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Invalid attachment. Upload it again.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Love the wolf..................not a fan of the blue eyes at all. Just an opinion that carries no weight.

keunai

Love the wolf..................not a fan of the blue eyes at all. Just an opinion that carries no weight.

I'm not a huge fan of the blue eyes either, but like I said... I do these to help people out, and I do my best to give them what they want.

I should mention I didn't get paid for this, it's a friendly commission for people that require it.

But, I love how the wolf turned out.

I personally enjoy being able to learn new things, because after all... You can spend years with Photoshop and still not know everything, so with these unique requests I get paid in knowledge and you've given me quite a few new perspectives to look from.

Last edited: