What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vector Shapes

Megewill

I have created a drawing using path layer straight lines to create multiple shapes.
It's going to be traced to board and painted on a wall

I know want to fill these shapes so I can colour code but don't know how….

I am new to photoshop so I may have drawn the shapes incorrectly….any help appreciated.

House Painting.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Megewill and welcome to PSG.

Is there anyway you can upload an image(s) rather than the PSD file. Some of our members prefer not to download files from first time posters. Thanks.

gedstar

Guru
Hi Megewill

When you say fill the shapes do you mean fill them with color?
Another thing I noticed is that the Image is in greyscale, you'll need to convert it the RGB Color Mode if you want to color the shapes

View attachment 53655

hawkeye

Guru
If they are individual paths, select one, right click and choose Fill Path. Select the foreground, background color, or use the color picker option.

gedstar

Guru
I actually downloaded the psd and unless he saved the path which I don't think he did "can't verify that cause it's on my work PC" please don't tell my boss haha, so I'd imagine he would have to use the polygonal lasso tool or tool of his choice and select each section and copy to a new layer and fill that selection.

@hawkeye the psd is in Greyscale Mode so unless I'm mistaken the only color he can fill it with is Grey. I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
If he didn't save the paths the paint bucket tool would work.

Attachments

• 53658d1425483369t-vector-shapes-house-painting-jpg.jpg
    53658d1425483369t-vector-shapes-house-painting-jpg.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 9

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If the document is in grayscale mode, the paint bucket tool will only work in grays. The document needs to be changed to a color mode.

Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 1.20.44 PM.png

Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
I actually downloaded the psd and unless he saved the path which I don't think he did "can't verify that cause it's on my work PC" please don't tell my boss haha, so I'd imagine he would have to use the polygonal lasso tool or tool of his choice and select each section and copy to a new layer and fill that selection.

@hawkeye the psd is in Greyscale Mode so unless I'm mistaken the only color he can fill it with is Grey. I could be completely wrong.

No you are correct, and you covered that in your first post.