What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Transform box moves

puppychew

Power User
Hi - please see the attached.

I brought shutters in to this file as a smart object. I resized them to fit the windows using Free Transform. They came out good. But when I attempt to tweak them the transform box is way to the upper left and therefore none of the shutters can be adjusted.

What did I do wrong? I have seen this happen many times but just gave up.

Attachments

• test.psd
    9.2 MB · Views: 7

MrToM

Guru
Which one of those 186 thumbnail sized layers are you referring to?

I couldn't see any Smart Object that came anywhere near to what I call a 'Shutter'.

My guess is whichever layer it is you have some other pixels in that layer which you cannot see with the human eye.

The transform box will border all the pixels on that layer......if its bigger than you expect then you need to delete those pixels you don't want.

A pixel with only 1% opacity is virtually undetectable to the eye but PS doesn't work by looking at it....it goes by the numbers......so you have to as well.

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't see any shutters in the psd.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Why are you working on such a small document? This is only 400 x 300 at 96ppi (?)................you know you can resize a much larger document?

puppychew

Power User
I tried to upload the full file but it was too large so I just cropped it.

It you click on any of the shutter layers and do a control T, the box that should be around a shutter is way on the upper left side of the image.

When I put the shutters on the image and transformed them it all worked perfectly.

Last edited:

puppychew

Power User
Sorry but maybe I am not explaining myself. I had only attached one photoshop file and the shutters I speak of are in the photoshop layers.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, let me try to explain............in the PSD file that you provided in post #1 called test.psd.....................does not have any layers that contain shutters of any type. There are no layers named shutters. There are NO SHUTTERS.

Please check your file.

puppychew

Power User
I'm sorry - don't know how that photo got in there. I haven't seen that one in a year!
Give me a minute - don't know where to upload it.

puppychew

Power User
Not able to upload it. No error message. It just starts then stops. I uploaded it 3 times.

puppychew

Power User
Does anyone know why I can't upload this file. I reduced it to 14 megs. If I make it any smaller my question would be meaningless.

MrToM

Guru
What file type is it?

Does it need to be that big?

Regards.
MrTom.

puppychew

Power User
Its a PSD photoshop file. I deleted and cropped everything I could without removing what I need to questions. It is 14 megs reduced from 31. There is no warning about size. I just upload it and I see the timer, that stops and nothing is there.