What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help removing grid lines from an electropherogram

jcs2014

I have an electropherogram that has grey grid lines behind it. I tried erasing the grid lines but it is tedious since it's a long list. Is there an easy way to remove the grid lines quickly without affecting the colors of the electropherogram? I have attached a short sequence that shows the grey grid lines in the back.

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled-1.psd
    451.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Hi JC, we like members to place an image on the boards some are very funny when it comes to links and files.;)

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hi,
Please be so kind as to display the image. Most of our members don't like to open PSD files from new members. Thanks, we appreciate it.

jcs2014

I apologize for that. I did not intent for that file to harm anybody. Here is the electropherogram in jpeg. Thanks for your quick replies!Electropherogram.jpg
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Attachments

• Electropherogram.jpg
    Electropherogram.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 6

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
It's alright, no need for apologies.

It seems to be on an off-white background. You can use the clone tool. Zoom up close to the image, create a new layer where you'll do the work and using a small clone tool brush size with slight soft edges, sample an area and cover up the grids.

To speed things up, use the rectangle selection tool to create selections of the longer grid lines then use the clone tool on it without covering needed curves.

Tom Mann

Guru
Unless that particular run is of earth-shaking importance, I would suggest that you simply toggle off the grid lines in the analyzer software before you run future samples.

Removing them after the fact using PS will take a surprising amount of time and will never give you as good results as if you set the machine up correctly before you started. Although this is not my field, my impression was that most analyzers store the raw data for each run, and then allow the user to change various display parameters such as start and stop points, horizontal and vertical scales, grid line frequencies, colors, etc. after the fact to produce new plots. You should look into this possibility.

OTOH, if you can't turn them off because the data isn't yours, then I personally would be concerned with possible issues of academic / scientific integrity and would probably decline to process that image for you.

Tom M

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Curves adjustment.

curves.jpg

Only done a small section to show you as the legalities of ownership do come into play.