What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

removing weave pattern from tiedye tshirt

Dreamerjohn

hello everybody, first time posting.
i was wondering if someone could help me remove the thread/weave pattern of a cotton tshirt so we can use the image in large scale printing project? it is important to preserve color and detail as much as possible. here is a typical image we are working w.

Attachments

• newtiedye.jpg
    newtiedye.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 3
  • newtwo.jpg
    newtwo.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 7

Tom Mann

Guru
hello everybody, first time posting. I was wondering if someone could help me remove the thread/weave pattern of a cotton tshirt so we can use the image in large scale printing project? it is important to preserve color and detail as much as possible. here is a typical image we are working w.

Since you stated that this is a large scale printing project, the project obviously must have a budget. So, you might want to consider having us move your request over to our fee-for-service forum, rather than posting it as a freebie request. If you do, please let us know and we'll move it. Also, be sure to read the instructions for posting a freelance job.

That being said, while our primary goal is helping people learn PS (and related programs), we do accept freebie requests. However, with these, you are completely at mercy of who might decide to respond, when the work might get done, and the quality of the work. As a fee for service request, these concerns are much less an issue (if at all). If you look at the our published minimum rates, you'll see that these are vastly lower than commercial rates. The actual rate is negotiated between the client and the customer.

Finally, should you decide to do the work yourself, there have been several threads in the last year or so on exactly this topic. Here's one of them that describes the use of Fourier transform methods for removing patterns in images:
https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...665-need-help-getting-rid-canvas-texture.html

Cheers,

Tom M

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Oh yes, it can be done with the proper filter (s) . Here is a low res screen shot of results that can be achieved.
weave removal.PNG