What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extrapolate a layer from two images that both use it?

Yogi

Hi big brain,

I'm not a regular Photoshop user. I'm trying to correct a website design that was made by some newbie that read a book PHP For Dummies. Not that I'm a huge web designer, but I at least know that a website needs a title and needs to be accessible for search engines for it to be indexed. Plus, it's for my cousin, who already is down on her budget.

The only good thing about the site is a series of pictures, so I'm reusing them in the new design.

There is a common layer though in those images, that I would like to reuse. Is there a way to extrapolate them from the jpeg files by comparing two images that have the common layer exactly at the same place?

I suppose it's a long shot, but it can't hurt to ask?

Thanks a lot!

Tom Mann

Guru
There is no procedure, mathematical or heuristic, to do what u are asking. To stand any chance of being correct, we need to see as many pix as possible to give an opinion about a possible common element or processing technique. BTW, "looking for a common layer" is probably not the best way to describe your goal, as it's fairly arbitrary whether a given graphic element or technique was put on its own layer or simply added to an existing layer.

We'll look forward to seeing what u have.

Tom