What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I make heart text images?

pmc7

Hi guys, I Know you can write text in customer shapes and through altering text spacing you can get some pretty cool heart's (and other shapes) - but I've seen some that look different and I'm wondering how they are possible? Things like:

heart-shape-text-28757784.jpg

heart___text_png_by_theniceparadise-d4vmiwt.png

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmc7

Hi Sam, thanks for the reply. I know what both those tutorials are asking me to do though. It's more things like the vertical/horizontal text mix and the fact that in some instances there appears to be two words on one line where the word to the left (or right) of them has a much bigger font size - I hope this makes sense?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Either place the text on it's own layer and change it's size or double click the text layer and highlight the word and change its size.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 9.07.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 9.08.23 PM.png

pmc7

Yep, but at that - you still can't keep certain words horizontal, others vertical whilst maintaining the custom shape's 'shape'?

Last edited:

pmc7

Because when you have the custom shape and you're writing in it, if you make one word horizontal, they all turn horizontal...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not if you place the word on it's own layer.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 9.33.36 PM.png

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can not only change it's size, but also it's color.........

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 9.38.20 PM.png

Last edited:

pmc7

Yep... But if you place it on it's own layer, you're effectively creating the shape word by word as apposed to simply selecting the shape and writing in it - letting PS do the hard work! Get me?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ps cant mix the words shape size and color in vertical and horizontal directions on its own much less place them within a custom shape. That's your job.............get me?

pmc7

Of course I do! But... The image posted looks very much like the use of a custom shape has been used to keep the shape of the heart consistent. If this is the case... How do I achieve the clean cut. blank, vertical lines?

Or... Is it a case of putting each word on it's own layer and creating the heart myself?

pmc7

I think we should leave this here actually because it's just going round in circles. I don't know if it's maybe me not explaining it clearly enough or you not understanding what I'm asking.

I can create a shape (heart). In that heart, I can write text. I can change the size of the font, the colour of the font and the font spacing. However, doing this, the direction of the text (horizontal or vertical) needs to remain the same for each word. I fully understand you can add the text to a new layer and do whatever you like with it - but I'm wondering how you 'break' the text in the custom shape to introduce a vertical word to the heart shape - given in the example I've shown the space for the vertical words are perfect rectangles, without the horizontal words close to the vertical ones looking messy.

I do appreciate your help though. Thanks very much.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Or... Is it a case of putting each word on it's own layer and creating the heart myself?

You got it! :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, you can place text within a custom shape by defining the shape as the text box and typing in the text. But when you start changing the size, color, font, and direction of the text..............then you have to create the outline of the shape and custom fit the text to shape by placing the text or phrases on their own separate layers and manipulating them!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think we should leave this here actually because it's just going round in circles. I don't know if it's maybe me not explaining it clearly enough or you not understanding what I'm asking.

.....but I'm wondering how you 'break' the text in the custom shape to introduce a vertical word to the heart shape - given in the example I've shown the space for the vertical words are perfect rectangles, without the horizontal words close to the vertical ones looking messy.

No circles for me. I completely understand what your asking. Are you following me?

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 10.10.16 PM.png

Last edited:

pmc7

No circles for me. I completely understand what your asking. Are you following me?

View attachment 54005

Not entirely! It's the neatness of the shapes vertical rectangles that are throwing me - without messing with every word individually, I don't see how that is achievable with hitting the space bar!

I've succumbed to the face that each word on a different layer following a heart shape is most likely the best way of doing it though lol.

Thanks again.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Start at one end or side of the custom shape and fit each word or phrase using the free transform function. You can use guidelines to get the perfect alignment.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 10.35.25 PM.png