What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting started on Graphic Design

musashi

Good afternoon, fair forum;

I am very keen to start my studies and practice on Graphic Design. I am a Photography student, hence I have been in touch with Photography-based Photoshop from the start — I am willing to change that.

Where is the best place to start? Should I look into Illustrator right away? What amazing and life-changing resources does PS hold secret from me?

I thank thee in advance.

Hoogle

Guru
I would study as much as possible, you will find you will have a greater passion for 1 software than the rest, you may also have a natural talent for another 1.

I would say starting out you should at least try

Photoshop
Illustrator
and a good 3D program such as cinema 4d, studio max or maya.

Often I will do a path design in illustrator export to cinema 4d to make it 3d and then bring into photoshop for final effects.

Other area to look into is web design

if you are competent in Illustrator, Photoshop and 3d Software then I would say you have a good start but then if you can present your work on a nicely designed website then I would think you would always get work....