What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i maintain transparency when saving a file as png?

Coffee_Girl

I am working on this table, On the original mesh, the area (lacy parts) in the red square is transparent, I am a photoshop noob and I don't know how to retain the holes in the lace when saving the file as png. ample king recolor.png

When I save the image normally it automatically flattens the picture and i get a white background =[

MrToM

Guru
Do not use 'Save' or 'Save As...'
Do not pass go and do not collect $200!

Seriously, don't use those, use 'Save For Web'...
Select PNG-24 from the preset dropdown at the top of the 'SFW' window...
Ensure 'Transparency' is checked...

That will save as a PNG WITH its Alpha channel....(The important channel that travels with the png file and controls transparency).

If that doesn't work....forget the whole thing and take up scuba diving. :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrTom.

Coffee_Girl

I will try this, thank you so much! Oh and yes I do scuba dive when traveling around the globe =P

MrToM

Guru
No worries...

Any probs just shout.

The SFW window is pretty useful but as everything with Adobe its not exactly 'intuitive' to use.

Regards.
MrNeverBeenScubaDiving.

Coffee_Girl

Yay! It worked, thank you so much!

Yep I will be back here I'm sure within the next few days with more questions lol