What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with removing writing

KDK

Hello I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the word "COBRAS" from this image so that its only the snake left in the image?

RUSH-COBRA.gif

MrToM

Guru
The simple answer is to just paint over it...job done.

RUSH-COBRA_MT_A_01.png

I suspect that isn't the result you want, but it does answer your question.

Regards.
MrTom.

KDK

ok thank you for that. Can I ask how you found that? because I looked on google using exactly the same name as the image I posted but could only find the same one over and over

KDK

Not sure if I should make a new thread for this but this is what I have done so far and I need help with it.

D1dYaF2.jpg

The problem I am having is that the effect for the eyes is making the top half the shield turn red, if I turn the effect off it looks like this

DDUsgkz.jpg

I would like to keep the shields as it is in the photo above but I want the eyes to be red like the first image without it changing the shield colour. I have put my original .psd file below incase someone can help me with my problem :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q47z25rs365o3yh/snaketge.psd?dl=0

TonyCooper

ok thank you for that. Can I ask how you found that? because I looked on google using exactly the same name as the image I posted but could only find the same one over and over

I don't know what you used as a search term, but the snake in the link that IamSam posted is
a rattlesnake, not a cobra. The rattles have been covered in the cobra version.

As to your efforts, to me the colors you have used make the snake almost indistinct from
the background. It's very difficult to figure out what you're going for here. If those letters
are KDK, no one would know unless they saw your screen name.

You have to come up with what pleases you, but I suggest you try a version where the
colors don't obscure the content.

KDK

Thank you for your input. The writing actually says TGE but you're not the first person who has struggled to read it so maybe I need to change that. Also what do you think needs changed? The snake or all the other parts, or everything I have done? Any input is welcome

MrToM

Guru
Oddly enough I was just looking at this.

The problem with making the eyes red is your Hue / Saturation adjustment layers that colourize the two eyes.

You need to clip the adjustment layer to just the respective eyes....at the moment the adjustment layer is affecting the whole image.....both of they actually.

You can either right click the adjustment layer and choose 'Create Clipping Mask' or use the shortcut of Ctrl + Alt and click EXACTLY between the adjustment layer and 'Group 1 Copy' as it is in your layers panel.

You should find that the Hue / Sat is then only applied to the layer directly beneath it, and not the whole image.

For future ref its more usual, and a lot easier, to create a Custom Brush from items like solar flares...it removes the need for difficult masking and / or layer blending.

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry so late in answering.

The image search was very simple.......

First, I dragged (downloaded) the original cobra image to my desktop.
I then went to Google image search.
I then dragged the cobra image to the search window and kablammm.....

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 8.26.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 8.26.45 AM.png

TonyCooper

Thank you for your input. The writing actually says TGE but you're not the first person who has struggled to read it so maybe I need to change that. Also what do you think needs changed? The snake or all the other parts, or everything I have done? Any input is welcome

I think your project would provide more emphasis to your design if the background
didn't obscure the shield so much. I've changed the colors in the background to
demonstrate this.

I haven't attempted to make any other changes.

However, a project like this should please you, not me. Do what looks best to you.

snaketge2.jpg

PGalangArt

I would like to keep the shields as it is in the photo above but I want the eyes to be red like the first image without it changing the shield colour. I have put my original .psd file below incase someone can help me with my problem :)

This is how i would do it, minus deleting the groups for the eyes.

Untitled-12.jpg

Other than that, I second TonyCooper's suggestion. If this is going to be a logo, you should consider how it will look at thumbnail size. Make sure it reads well enough for people to be able to tell who you are at a glance. Also, it has been touched on before, but the lettering is definitely hard to read. I thinks it is because the top part is so far from the bottom that it looks like two separate things. A broken dash, with letters underneath. Bring those elements closer and try instead to put more separation in between the letters. TGE vs T G E. Good luck.

KDK

Thank you all for your input :thumbsup: I have taken everything you guys have suggested on board and changed the logo with your ideas in mind.

WKnHJLm.jpg

Cn7fKz0.jpg
Do you think it looks better now? I know this is something that should please me, but I value your input so if there is anything you think should be changed I would be grateful for your suggestions :) I really want the snake to stand out so I have changed the background on both pictures above as when putting it on Steam it has to be resized to 184 x184 so it is quite small.

Last edited: