What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharpening with Photoshop CS6

JoeJ

I am trying to sharpen an image with Filter > Sharpen Edges but the result is not satisfactory. What to do for heavier, more intense sharpening of a blurred portrait?

Step-by-step directions please for a slow learner.

Thank you.

JoeJ

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello JoeJ and welcome to PSG.

Our members reside around the world in many time zones, so we ask that you please be patient and someone will be along to help you out soon. Thanks.

JoeJ

Ok, thanks, I am waiting as you suggest. Very kind of you to send me your prompt reply. I appreciate it very, very much.

JoeJ

Tom Mann

Guru
Sorry it took so long to respond, but let's start with a request: Would you please post a copy of the image that you want to sharpen?

I ask because (a) my recommendation for a sharpening methods depends on the image; and (b) some images simply are too blurry to sharpen in a meaningful way (eg, without overwhelming artifacts). When someone asks a "can you sharpen this" type of question, there is a famous silly response to the effect that "Don't believe everything you see done with images on CSI and the other crime technology TV programs".

Cheers,

Tom M

JoeJ

Many thanks for your kind reply. Am quite willing to send you the two images which I have taken with my mobile phone (Nokia 113), but how to send them? Can you direct me please?

With renewed thanks for your patience,

guzeppi