What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Layer via Cut/Copy Issue

Will Walling

Hi all, I am a new member and still very much a beginner with Photoshop. I've got some basic things down but have not touched much of the advanced stuff.

I'm having a problem when I select a particular part of an image with Quick Select or Magic Wand. Once I copy to new Layer or even a new project, I get this weird pixel effect going on. Could anyone shine some light on what is going on? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks guys

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    704.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    686 KB · Views: 16

Steve

Retired Administrator
Quick Select and Magic Wand aren't very exact in how they work and the lower the resolution the worse the problem gets.
The best tool for the job is the pen tool but you can do better with the tools you're using by playing with the tolerance setting on Magic Wand and the brush size in Quick Select.
Also Refine Edge with both tools

Steve

Retired Administrator
Good for you, it takes time and practice but the other tools are there for a reason too.
Try some of the suggestions for those tools too.

BTW, welcome to PSG.