What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Background Issues

AH99

emblem.jpg

Ok, I am attempting to remove the background from this crest/emblem or whatever it is--problem is it's probably a scanned image or something and there is some blue shading in between some of the details and photoshop is having a problem detecting the edges and is leaving white on the borders.

I am using Photoshop Elements 13, btw.

I have attempted to use the refine edge tool to no avail--I got an OK cut out with some faint white borders and also it faded the colors of the image.

Any suggestions? Is this simply something that requires a lot of work with the eraser tool?

AH99

just thought I would make it easy for you

Wow, thanks!

Wasn't expecting a personalized video tutorial, although I guess it's pretty easy to do a quick recording these days.

Appreciate it--this should work perfectly, I'll give it a go.

EDIT:

Uh-oh! This is for regular Photoshop--I'm using elements.

Is there a corresponding "blending options" in elements? Because I can't find it!

I used TOPAZ Clean filter.

Image looks great, but I'm not at all familiar with Topaz Clean Filter.

I looked it up and it costs $30.

I'm currently working at a small town sublimation printing store--I was hired to do simple photoshop at a novice level for whatever people want.

Since it's small town Arkansas I don't think there's anyone more qualified than me... and I'm not too qualified.

Are the features that Topaz offers something this store would benefit from?

The image looks great--I'd like to have that quality every time I do this.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Only because I don't know..................does Elements 13 have a 'blend if' option? I know it has a very limited layer styles (styles) interface.

Last edited: