What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Sizing and Space problem

matt_oc6

Hi guys,

I'm very new to photoshop and am learning by using a set of tutorials on youtube. There is something that isn't really addressed in the tutorials that I was wondering about though.

The main problem I'm having is I have set up my panels on the right the way I want them but I can never seem to get them to stay on the screen completely. Also whenever I open an image it opens directly in the middle of the page, which often means that part of it is obscured behind the panels on the right. Is there any way to make the panels smaller so they fit on the screen and to have the image open further to the left so it's not behind the panels? I have attached a screenshot of what it currently looks like.

I suspect that it may just be my screen resolution (my monitor is old and can't do 1080) but was wondering if there is anything else I could do to fix it. If not I'll just deal with it until I can get a new monitor

Screenshot.png

MrToM

Guru
You can 'dock' the panels to the right side of the workspace.

Just drag either the whole panel 'group' or individual 'tabs' to the right.
Keep dragging until you see a blue vertical outline appear......you may get to a point where half the panel is off the screen because it detects the cursor position, not the panel itself....but just keep going till that blue outline appears.

When you see the blue outline....release.

This will 'dock' (whatever) to the right side of the workspace and subsequent 'opens' of images will be centered on the workspace that is left.

You can drag ANY tab FROM any panel TO any panel.....and panels can be arranged under each other, above each other, side by side......etc etc.

Once you have your layout SAVE IT as a workspace....WINDOW > WORKSPACE > NEW WORKSPACE

This will then show up in the dropdown at the top of the workspace where you can select it.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

matt_oc6

That's done the trick. I was trying to do that before but would stop moving it to the right as soon as it snapped to the edge.

Thanks for the help