What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make the background effect like the one I attached?

balavalli

How to make the background effect like the one I attached ? Looks really nice effects in there .Give me a tutorial or something please.

bala.jpg

BlueInGreen

I guess there are a few ways to do this.

1. Create a gradient for your background between white and a teal / green color.

2. Create a rectangle.

3. Rasterize it and add motion blur at around 45 degrees.

4. Double click the layer and add a bevel and emboss layer style (be subtle with it!)

5. Create another rectangle and duplicate it to make strips.

6. Group the duplicated rectangles and add a layer style to the group (gradient overlay)

7. Place photograph and text on top.

*Looks like I added too much motion blur :banghead:

Business_banner_background.jpg
Business_banner_background_breakdown.jpg

Or try it like this.

1. Open a new image 1500x508 pixel, Resolution 72 ppi, white BG.

2. Open image (Girl laptop).
Girl-Laptop.jpg

3. Pull it into your new file. It is now on a new layer.
Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-02 um 16.22.28.png
Add a layer-mask and paint (Black) with a large soft brush to remove parts you don't want to show.
Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-02 um 16.22.52.png
3. Add a new layer, (set to multiply) on your layer stack. Add some rectangles and fill them with a light green color.
Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-02 um 16.28.11.png
Go to filter --> motion blur, angle 30, 450 pixel. Reduce opacity on layer to 40%.
Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-02 um 16.37.02.png
This is what it should look like.
For better understanding I also added the layers in this screenshot.

balavalli

Terrific tutorial thanks a lot mate. Am a beginner can you explain me this step please??

" Add a layer-mask and paint (Black) with a large soft brush to remove parts you don't want to show. "

As i resized that image and and increased the width of the canvas , selected the image on the layer and hit the layer mask icon. can you explain from here please ??

" Add a layer-mask and paint (Black) with a large soft brush to remove parts you don't want to show. "

Regards
Balavalli.M

Last edited: