What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can some one teach how to make these pixel pattern?Cross hatch, diagonal, dots etc..

Re: Can some one teach how to make these pixel pattern?Cross hatch, diagonal, dots et

I don't think Chris blurred the whole image, just the halftone pattern.

If you place a 50% (yeah, I know you can't have 50% grey but...), layer above the image, colour halftone filter to those settings and then motion blur just that layer....it kind of turns the dots into stripes.

I'm guessing he then changed the blend mode to something like a Soft Light...maybe?

Unless there is a way to add a halftone to a transparent layer....?

Regards.
MrToM.

You are dead right MrTom.

First Layer is the original image. In my case with a resolution of 300 ppi.
2nd layer above is filled with 50% Grey. On this layer (not on the girls image) you apply the halftone filter, after that add motion blur, exactly like shown in your english screenshots.
Blend mode is linear light. But you can play with this, even lower the opacity as I did.

Regards Chris.

Re: Can some one teach how to make these pixel pattern?Cross hatch, diagonal, dots et

@chrisdesign can you give me a step to step tutorial of your method please? Thank you!!

regards
Zoe

Hi Zoe
Follow the steps I wrote in the answer to MrTom.
Hope the screenshot also helps. Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-03 um 09.44.52.png

zoe20

Power User

Thank you

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

You are dead right MrTom.

First Layer is the original image. In my case with a resolution of 300 ppi.
2nd layer above is filled with 50% Grey. On this layer (not on the girls image) you apply the halftone filter, after that add motion blur, exactly like shown in your english screenshots.
Blend mode is linear light. But you can play with this, even lower the opacity as I did.

Regards Chris.

Ahhh........that makes much more sense than post #8!

Excellent Chris! Thanks!