What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make the seven visiable?

rbcc

font.jpg How can I emboss the seven in this picture? :question: So I can cut around it with scissor or a knife? John

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure I understand.

The seven is visible.

I know what emboss means, I'm just not sure we're talking about the same thing. Can you provide an example of what your referring to?

If you print the seven, you should be able to cut it out.

Use the magic wand tool (and adjust the tolerance setting) to get rid of the white fill and background. (if that's all a one-layer image). Then CTL+Click on the "seven" layer thumbnail in the layers palette to select the "seven" outline. Then go to Modify>Select>Expand and choose a pixel value. You can set your foreground color to black or a darker color, then hit ALT+BKSPC to fill. If you want the interior of the number colored, you can paint in black, or if you want a different color, create a new layer underneath it, and paint in another color, then merge the layers.

Last edited:

madsih

Depending on how you made the "7".
You can try messing with the blending options - you access it by right clicking on your layer in the layer panel (don't click on the thumnail but the text) and there you'll find Blending Options.
In blending options you'll find a lots of ways that you can add effect to our layer:
- You can add a stroke to your layer to make it more visible
- or your can use the bevel & emboss options and play around with that

Hope this helped a bit

rbcc

How can i trace around the 7 , without using the pencil tool? Is there a pkug in that does this?

Tom Mann

Guru
Let's drop back a bit: How experienced are you in Photoshop? Are you using "Photoshop Elements" or the full-blown pro version? If the latter, what version?

Tom M

Paul

Former Member
Me thinks a tut will be required...anyone?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Take it away my talented German, English, Aussie friend! :rofl:

Tom Mann

Guru
@rbcc - You have already been given a couple of methods to enhance the number (ie, in posts #6 and 7) without using the pen or any similar tool. Have you tried these, particularly, the method described in post #6. If you haven't, you should. If you have and ran into problems, show us what happened.

Tom M