What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

resolution help!!!

steliosvolos

i need some help here.i made a logo for a sticker and for a t-shirt and the man who make the sticker say to me the logo i make to have 1000 ppi resolution.how can i do this!!!i use photoshop cs6.

MrToM

Guru
We'll need some more info before suggesting a solution.

What are the pixel dimensions of the image?
What is the current resolution?
What print size do you require?

Can you open the Image Size window...

IMAGE > Image Size

...take a screen shot of it and post it here?

Regards.
MrToM.

steliosvolos

he say to me only 1000 ppi.not size,not nothing only this.if i change the resolution to 1000ppi i send to him?
or i send him the psd file and fix it himself!!!

MrToM

Guru
Well, the resolution is meaningless without a print size.

At the moment you have three choices.

1. Set the resolution to 1000 which will give you a print size of 0.596" x 0.34".
2. Resample the image so it gives you a bigger print size...using 1000ppi as the starting point.
3. Re draw the whole thing at the right dimensions in the first place.

Regards.
MrToM.

CyborgAngel

he say to me only 1000 ppi.not size,not nothing only this.if i change the resolution to 1000ppi i send to him?
or i send him the psd file and fix it himself!!!

I'm almost positive, he would NOT fix it for you. Looking at your screenshot, you only have one layer which will pixilate when you size it to the correct resolution. In the past I have often just sent files back to the customer and give them the correct art board settings before I continue on their project .

Im sorry to inform you that you will most likley have to redo the artwork and I highly recommend you keep your shape layers... if this is for screen printing, the company you send it to will need to convert your layers to vector format for their machines. You wouldnt want to do the work 2-3 more times. Hope this helps :)