What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie seeking for some help with effects

miguellito

Hello everyone,

I'm an amateur photographer looking to edit a picture with such effets. :

Fanny-Latour-Lambert.12.jpg

or this NB

Boys-dont-cry.-Fanny-Latour-Lambert.jpg

What do you think ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting lazy in my older years, I usually opt for the B/W adjustment layer nowadays. One step. Easy peasy.

miguellito

Thanks for your help, but I'm not trying to edit the first picture into the second (from color to B/W), I would like to get this color effect AND/OR the black & white effect with a random picture i have taken.
I guess the photographer must play with the lights he has on the field but there is a particular treatment that I would like to know.
And you can see your black and white picture isn't the same as the previous one with the kid, I don't know if you get what I mean to.

Here another one :
3.jpg

Sorry for my grammar :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As long as you are hot linking your images, your posts will be moderated and they will not show up.
Please upload your images to the forum.

Ok, so your wanting to colorize your images.

I'm certain that someone will be along to help you out with this. I have to be running along for now. Good luck.

miguellito

As long as you are hot linking your images, your posts will be moderated and they will not show up.
Please upload your images to the forum.

Ok, so your wanting to colorize your images.

I'm certain that someone will be along to help you out with this. I have to be running along for now. Good luck.

Not exactly , I would take a picture of a person and add effects that are like color picture or black and white as I show you

3.jpg

colleague

Guru
if you look into the levels you see they have changed the outputlevels
for example put in numbers 25 and 230
and black beomes a dark grey and white becomes a light grey

Attachments

• outputlevels.jpg
    outputlevels.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 39

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Miguellito - The reason you are receiving suggestions that aren't what you were expecting is because experienced photographers and photoshoppers will look at these two images and see many different effects being used on each one, whereas only one effect has caught your attention.

So, you need to be much more specific when you ask such a question. For example, you could have asked, "Why are the blacks not completely black on the 2nd image?", or "Why is the background on both images so blurry?", or, "In the 1st image, the lighting on the hair of the subject seems to be completely different from the lighting on the background?" ... etc. etc.

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not exactly , I would take a picture of a person and add effects that are like color picture or black and white as I show you

Are you referring to the blur in the background as Tom has pointed out?

miguellito

Excuse me, my English does not allow optimal expression . I speak of the details accentuated by the dark gray on the knuckles , around the eyes, cheekbones
and this brightness in the pupils . And the black / white contrast present between the background and the person. All those little details really gives another look / expression of the model.
For the photo color I speak of this very realistic silver photo effect .
@colleague I will try ASAP when I'm home :)

Here another exemple of photographer work, The contrast with the brown hair, greyish stairs and the presence of the color of the shirt with a deep look . The work is done part by part or is it just a good field work done by the photographer and light strings ?

scriptical-wordpress-darwins-dream-tonya-vasylchenko-by-fanny-latour-lambert-2012-1.png

Here the skin is granulated with a deep look accented with dark gray under the eyes

original.png

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
OK, now I think I understand what u are looking for. The best way for us to proceed is for you to post some "normal" images that you think would be good starting points to which we could try to add this look.

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
Also, do you realize that all the female subjects in your examples are wearing fairly heavy makeup, so unless you want to try to add fake makeup using Photoshop, the subjects in the pictures you supply should also have similar makeup.

Tom