What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how can i cut out this anime logo?

Junqi Ng

how can i cut out this logo. i try to make background transparent but somehow i fail it anyone can assist me how can i go about cutting it ?

Absoluteduo_Logo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Mann

Guru
To me, the real question is, "exactly what do you mean by 'the background' "? Do you mean the sky, or do you mean something else? Personally, I would consider the sky to be part of the image, not part of the background.

Tom M

What are you referring to when you say "logo?" The text? The anime art? Everything but the sky?

Junqi Ng

To me, the real question is, "exactly what do you mean by 'the background' "? Do you mean the sky, or do you mean something else? Personally, I would consider the sky to be part of the image, not part of the background.

Tom M

what i mean was the anime art. The one which represent the anime. In short term, it is the anime jap name with english name. i am try to cut that portion out but fail to do so. i use background eraser to erase the background so as to have the anime art left behind however it doesn't seems perfect.

The best way to do it is probably using a selection tool. The problem is that the lettering has an outer glow, and it will be difficult to select that portion, which will make the lettering look cut up and uneven.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This problem (with different text) has been addressed before and a great solution was found.

I can't find the thread though. Does anyone remember the thread?

Junqi Ng

The best way to do it is probably using a selection tool. The problem is that the lettering has an outer glow, and it will be difficult to select that portion, which will make the lettering look cut up and uneven.

i agree with you. is there anyway to overcome the glow part ?

You could use the magic wand tool with a very low tolerance (maybe 5 or 10), or the quick selection tool, select the lettering with the glow, then add your own outer glow to match the original using layer styles.

CyborgAngel

In order to achieve this you must first recreate the logo, The quality is bad and the wand tool will not server you much purpose here. To do this you can just follow my steps:

1. Use Pen tool to trace symbols
2. Use font tool to write "Absolute Duo"
3. Use tracking to space out each letter (this can be found in the character toolbar)
4. Add outer glow effect and set the color to pink > set opacity to 100% play with setting till you see fit.

Or just use the file attached.
Absolute Duo.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No matter how refined the selection process might be, you will never get it to look right. So I have to agree with CA, in order to do this properly, you will need to re-create the logo entirely.

zoe20

Power User
Also i think that logo is text based .So use that appropriate font and use the outer glow effect as pink and follow what cyborg Angel said.

Last edited:

inkpad.t

Guru
Search the web for the texts font and do yourself, for me if the font can not be found is use the pen tool and go round each letter, long way round but a think a better result when its cut out, then add your own styles to it.