What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help :(

spaceann

Hello everyone I am new here! And I am desperate to know how to achieve an effect and I am hoping someone here can tell me please...

The effect is this:

57_n.jpg

006_n.jpg

66_n.jpg

I hope someone answers :( thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

spaceann

It has to do with the bright and the saturation and the contrast but I cant really figure it out :( because I am sure those are not original pictures

revnart

Power User
All those photos looks like they are made by cheap camera ex. Old phone camera. Which abuses color and overall quality of photos. If I must find something I would reduce vibrance a little, use high pass with overlay mode and eventually add some noise.. but I don't really think this is some kind of "effect" .

Last edited:

bijutoha14

Banned
I think you can take some changes there in these poor photographs. Actually I'm not clear what you said. If you need brightness, saturation, contrast then possible but, why you said ":( because I am sure those are not original pictures"?
Do you need any retouch there?

mdyusuf

I am really sorry to say I am do not properly understand your question. What you want (brightness) Like

Untitled-2.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
I think you can take some changes there in these poor photographs. Actually I'm not clear what you said. If you need brightness, saturation, contrast then possible but, why you said ":( because I am sure those are not original pictures"?
Do you need any retouch there?
The OP does not want to "improve" the images that she posted. She wants the opposite: she wants to take a "good" photo and make it look like the examples she posted.

Tom M

spaceann

Exactly, something like that. I want to take good photos and make them look like the examples I posted. The guy in the picture has an iPhone but he edits the pictures and make them look like that and I really like how they look. How could I do that? Thanks for answering. :)

spaceann

Btw I use CS6 but I think that effect could be achieved only editing the brightness/contrast/saturation?

The OP does not want to "improve" the images that she posted. She wants the opposite: she wants to take a "good" photo and make it look like the examples she posted.

Tom M

I can do that. I make good photos look pretty crappy all the time!

revnart

Power User
If the effect I posted is enough for you do these steps:

1. Use levels (cmd/ctrl+L) to reduce light and dark intensity.

2. Using hue/saturation (cmd/ctrl+U) lower saturation.

3. Then duplicate layer (cmd/ctrl+J) and with duplicated layer selected go to filter/other/high pass and apply it with high value.

4. Layer should become gray with strange contours visible only, now just change its mode to overlay in the layers panel. You can do this using keyboard shortcut too - Shift*+*Alt*(Mac: Option) +*O.

Sorry for lack of screenshots but I'm writing from my head on phone :)

Good luck
Revnart