What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this attached image is worked out one or original am curious to know.

zoe20

Power User
Is this attached image is worked out one or original am curious to know. One thing am sure is they used pattern over it. I even tried to play with hues saturation photo balance etc.. with out success.

This is the image am talking about :

view.JPG

This is the original Image i found on Google wallpapers :

Attachments

• 71887_1680_948.jpg
    71887_1680_948.jpg
    653.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Zoe, after looking at them and some other examples, I think your right, the first image has been altered.

Last edited:

zoe20

Power User
Hey Zoe, after looking at them and some other examples, I think your right, the first image has been altered.

Absolutely yes IamSam and here's the original one . I searched on Google painstakingly and worked on it and i think i achieved what am looking for ? Thanks a ton gurus in here. Its a great place to experiment and learn and improve your skills. Once again Thanks a ton gurus!!

Zoe_Testing.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Sorry, but I've got to disagree with you. IMHO, there is no doubt that both images have been altered for publication. At minimum, the gray sky version has the added texture, text, etc, and from its overall look, I can almost guarantee you in a twilight cityscape such as this, the vivid version would have come out of the camera needing major color correction, major tonality adjustments, etc.

In addition to my claim that both experienced serious PS work, I am quite sure that the gray sky version is much closer to the original than the brightly colored version. The clearest evidence for this is that the JPG compression block artifacts are vastly worse in the vivid version compared to the gray sky version, especially in the smooth areas like the water. This increase in JPG artifacts is exactly what one sees when you crank up the vibrance, saturation and local contrast to add "zing" to an image. This is one of the major stumbling blocks when preparing images like the vivid version. In contrast, if you go the opposite direction and reduce the vibrance, saturation and local contrast in an image, yes, the JPG compression artifacts do become less prominent, but not to the extent that is seen here.

Tom M

compare-highly_sat_color-to-gray_sky_version-ps04a-just_water-4x-01_color_version.jpg

compare-highly_sat_color-to-gray_sky_version-ps04a-just_water-4x-02_gray_sky_version.jpg

(The JPG compression artifacts are much more evident if you click on both to see them at full resolution instead of just looking at the in-forum preview versions)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Zoe.

I think the mystery is solved then.

The image your working with is not the full color altered version you posted in your fist post.

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 9.27.51 AM.png

This starting image makes more sense now! LOL!!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Zoe, I think your version is very close to the first image you posted. It looks better with the pattern overlay turned off and you may need to add some more gray to the sky.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Speaking of the gray in the sky, I see you used this.....
Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 9.52.01 AM.png

More than likely, a gradient was used with a mask.

More like this....
Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 10.02.28 AM.png

This is the cityscape with the gradient..
Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 10.02.43 AM.png

And now with a layer mask on the gray gradient...
Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 10.02.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 10.04.43 AM.png