What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new challenge for me (remove stain)

Howcho

Can any advise me on how to remove this stain from the poor girls face?

This is my kindergarten picture. How cute?

dzdsmr.jpg

Howcho

That worked great. I have no idea what the last step was for. When I tried it the whole thing went yellow and I couldn't change it.

I used history to delete the 'fill' action and I am happy enough with the results.

Thanks once again and especially for making the vid for me.

MikeMc

McGuru
That worked great. I have no idea what the last step was for. When I tried it the whole thing went yellow and I couldn't change it.

I used history to delete the 'fill' action and I am happy enough with the results.

Thanks once again and especially for making the vid for me.

The last thing is to change the "blend mode"...Look at the top of your layers..I used a color image here, so i didnt go yellow....the yellow in the color blend mode will give you close to a creme tint with a B&W image

Attachments

• normal.JPG
    normal.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CF1.JPG
    CF1.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Howcho - To elaborate on Mike's comments, the reason for the last step (ie, add a tinge of yellow) is that if you use a B&W adjustment layer, as suggested by Colleague, the result is an RGB image that has no color tint whatsoever. It is pure grayscale. However, your original photo has a very slight warm / cream tint, typical of photos that have aged, so, if you want to reproduce that look, you have to take an extra step to uniformly add the cream tint to the entire print. This is what his extra step does, although, the intent would have been clearer if he had suggested using a cream (ie, weakly saturated yellow) layer, not a "yellow" layer at low opacity.

Tom M