What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are These Effects/Layer Styles?

Samibotss

So , The other day I was Browsing and I found a Nice collection of web-designs done by a guy named dustin deperlio.

Two of Them caught my attention because of some layer styles and effects

The First one is :
Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 12.15.15 PM.png

The "Crusade Gaming" Text.
Do you know what layer styles/effect he used?

The second one:

Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 12.19.57 PM.png

How did he make that "Navbar consumed by fire" Effect?

Thanks in advance for however tells me :)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It may seem easy, but it could take hours of experimentation to try and match the layer style and effects used in these images. We would only be guessing and would almost never actually match them.
This may sound silly, but you best option would be to contact the artist himself. DeviantArt has a comment section in which you can ask questions. He may choose to help you out.

Another option would be to do a Googie search on Photoshop Text layer styles to see if any come close to matching the style you desire. You can always tweak them to your liking.

Good luck!

Everything on the second one looks very much like hand-drawn art - possibly even that "fire effect."

As for the first one, I agree with Sam - you can always try to duplicate it, but it'll probably never be exact.

Be forewarned, sometimes we do things in Ps and Ai, and then are hard-pressed to repeat the exact steps that created an image.

Agent