What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about replacing colors and stuff

MrToM

Guru
Yes......but with the Adobe RGB (1998) colour profile.

You need to save it with the sRGB colour profile.

If you look at your latest images it CLEARLY shows you using 'Save As...' and NOT 'Save For Web' as I have suggested.

(Look two more options further down the menu list)

Also, notice the checkbox for 'ICC Profile:'.....its checked and set to Adobe RGB (1998).

Regards.
MrToM.

rambomhtri

1.png

OK, thanks!

There a lot of options right there. What should I choose to export the Photoshop CS6 project to a JPEG picture with the minimal loss of quality?

I know I can change the quality. Right. But I'm really meaning this question:

How should I set all the other options? Progressive? Optimized?

And all the rest of setups. I've exported it like that and the color of dots change notably, comparing it to the method of "Saving as...", which matches perfectly the original picture with a minimal loss of quality, if any.

Thanks again dude!

MrToM

Guru
I did this before your last post but I'll add it anyway...

save_for_web_MT_01.png

Just change it to PNG-24 and keep 'transparency' checked....it doesn't matter if the image doesn't have any.

The IMPORTANT one is to check 'Convert to sRGB' ......it should be by default.

PNG uses a lossless compression method so image 'Quality' is retained......Jpeg is not an image format but a compression method which removes colour information during the compression process.

If you absolutely need to use 'jpeg' then set 'Quality' to 12....this will not compress the image and therefore retain the colour info.

save_for_web_2_MT_01.png

It all sounds tricky but in fact there is very little else to do once you have this set up....the settings should be saved and remembered next time you use 'Save For Web'.

Regards.
MrToM.

rambomhtri

Untitled.png

I don't know if you can appreciate it, but between the "Save as" method and the "Save for web" method, for the same quality, there's a noticeable loss of quality I don't want to have. The "black" dots look "way more" softer.

Both have the same quality, both are JPEG.

This is my final result, anyway:
Beethoven Symphony No. 3.png

The story is that these covers are album arts, and I embed album arts into the music files (FLAC). When you embed an album art into a music file, the picture is added to that file, so the size of the music file grows as much as the picture's size. So, one golden rule of mine is that album arts can't be more heavy than 390KB, because these 390KB are going to be multiplied by the number of songs, cause I embed the album art to every song. So I don't want to have an album with 6MB of album art.

But when I discovered that Paint was not showing the same picture as Photoshop, then I didn't want to add that photo to the music files cause may be the music player shows the one appearing in Paint. That's why I want it to be perfect. Anyway, even it's just a picture, I wanna know why is that happening and how can I fix it.

So, I saved the project as PNG-8, and was only 301KB, and that size is good enough.

Last edited: