What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For Quick Tutorial

sn420

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to Photoshop and I need to know how to make my logo look similar to the pictures I have attached. I basically want to make it look the same, except with my own logo instead of "Marpple."

It's a pretty simple design, but I don't know why I can't figure it out. If someone can give me a quick tutorial I'd REALLY appreciate the help.
Please keep in mind, I'm a bit of a newbie and I need a kind of need detailed instructions.

Thank you.
IMG_0424.JPGIMG_0424.JPG

...I am pretty new to Photoshop...
And obviously forums too.

Theres really no need for the big green shouty thang......we hear ya just fine at normal volumes.

As to your question.....well, instructing a 'newbie', quickly, with detail is a bit of a tall order....the two dont really go together.

If you want to learn then you'll have to accept that photoshop is not a one-click solution.....its usually complex and takes time to get it right.

Also, in order for anyone to help you it would be a good idea to post all the source material needed....many times members have to 'play' with the supplied material in order to give you the best solution....having tried it themselves first....otherwise its just guesswork.

Provide that and cut down on the shouting and you should have a solution sooner rather than later.....when everyone has put their eyes back in their sockets. ;)

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:
And obviously forums too.

Theres really no need for the big green shouty thang......we hear ya just fine at normal volumes.

As to your question.....well, instructing a 'newbie', quickly, with detail is a bit of a tall order....the two dont really go together.

If you want to learn then you'll have to accept that photoshop is not a one-click solution.....its usually complex and takes time to get it right.

Also, in order for anyone to help you it would be a good idea to post all the source material needed....many times members have to 'play' with the supplied material in order to give you the best solution....having tried it themselves first....otherwise its just guesswork.

Provide that and cut down on the shouting and you should have a solution sooner rather than later.....when everyone has put their eyes back in their sockets. ;)

Regards.
MrToM.

Hah, well I didn't mean to shout. I actually posted this on another forum and copy & paste it. The font came out large and I just played around with it (hence the color green).

I understand photoshop is not a one-click solution. However, I didn't think the logos I selected were much difficult for the average pros out there, therefore I thought I could get a quick tutorial.

I have the logo. I just need someone to help me to get the shadow (box right).

:thumbsup:

OK.

On a new layer create a marquee the same shape as your logo.
Move this layer under your logo and fill with black.
With your marquee still active hold Ctrl + Alt and use the keyboard arrow keys to create the 'shadow'.

Quick enough?

Regards.
MrToM.

Thank you Tom! I got it now. My diagonal lines are not so smooth and I can't figure out how to round the corners. How do I go about doing making it look smoother and cleaning up the box?practice.png
And the box shadow is shaped differently from the stickers. For example...

practice.png

Last edited:
Yeah....that's the ticket! :thumbsup:

Once you have that 'shadow' you can duplicate it, (either on the same layer or a new one), to make it as long or short as you need it.

If you just duplicate the layer (Ctrl + J) its easier....you can then position it with the move tool.

Once happy, merge down those layers to just one 'shadow' layer.....if you use duplicate.

Now you can add a layer mask and round off the corners or do whatever tweaks you need to get the shape exactly right.

Once happy with everything add a small amount of 'blur' from the filter menu to just smooth out any harsh edges.

You could use the 'duplicate' layer method from the start but as using the right and down keyboard arrows is particularly easy its really quick to get 'something' to work with.....and its all on one layer too!

For a 45° shadow do one move down, one move across (right)......and repeat.....if you need a steeper angle then do two down and one right....and repeat.....shallower do one down two right......or any combination of.

You could, depending on your skill level, use the Pen tool to create exactly the shape you want......complete with rounded corners or whatever...then either fill it as a shape or use the path to create a marquee and fill that as normal.

There are probably lots of other ways too.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

Back