What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with layer cut

Hellstorm77

BurnleyvsQPR.jpg

Was wondering if someone could help me? i'm trying to layer cut everything on this image so i can change it all when i need to whats the best way about of going about this?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Layer via cut is destructive and not recommended. Layer via copy is the better way to go or use a layer mask. I'm not aware of a Photoshop term called "layer cut". I will assume your talking about making a selection and then isolating it using the afore mentioned layer via copy. There's also using the Slice Tool to slice up a layer for something like a web page.

This image is entirely too small. Do you have a much larger version?

Hellstorm77

TURFMOORv3.jpg

I ended up making :) just one more question about the badges. What tool do i use if i want to tilt the badge in like the image in the last post

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Provided you have the badges individually isolated to their own layers, you could use Free Transform. Go to EDIT > FREE TRANSFORM

You won't be able to get the tilted towards the center effect that well, since this was designed into the badges when they were made.

You could make a selection of the inside of the badges, copy them to their own layers (Cmd/Cntrl + J), and use 'warp' in the free transform function, then a layer mask.

Screen Shot 2015-06-22 at 1.52.54 PM.png

Last edited: